Most adults would prefer to age in place. In fact, 78 percent of adults between the ages of 50 and 64 report that they would prefer to stay in their current residence as they age.(1) This desire to age in place is an issue that is certainly pertinent to the nation today. That being said, what services are offered to compliment this aging process? For one, Judie Kaplan anticipated this need and launched her business, Judie Kaplan Personal Concierge to Westchesterites. She provides a valuable service to the senior population by assisting them in maintaining their sense of independence while performing tasks that enhance their ADL (activities of daily living). The sky is the limit for service that can be provided to the elderly. The focus should be on helping them maintain their quality of life and doing that their way.
Seniors often pay more for medical care due to confusing insurance practices, including filing and tracking claims. A personal concierge will assist seniors by comparing medical records with medical bills to catch mistakes or erroneous charges. At times, they can also help reverse denied claims. See post on “Westchester Personal Concierge Recovers Hundreds of Dollars”!
Judie assists her clientele with life activities. These include but are not limited to:
- Arrange for Vehicle Maintenance and/or other Services
- Arrange Home Services i.e. Cleaning, Maintenance, and Lawn Care
- Assist with De Cluttering and Home Organization Tasks
- Assist with Letter Writing and Emails
- Bill Pay, Bookkeeping and Banking
- Food Shopping
- Gift Buying
- Help Plan for the Holidays
- Help Plan Travel and Make Arrangements
- Plan and Arrange Social Activities
- Run Errands or Make Deliveries
(1) Taken from AARP website “Beyond 50.05: A Report to the Nation on Livable Communities: Creating Environments for Successful Aging”